From the Disney Parks Blog.
There’s one thing for certain about little kids. They love to play! And in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios the bright colors, oversized icons and encounters with pals from the “Toy Story” films will definitely make kiddos want to play big. Toy Story Land opens on June 30 and it’s going to be super fun for preschool families. Here are seven can’t-miss tips for visiting Toy Story Land with little ones in tow.
1. Play “I spy” in this whimsical new land where you become an honorary toy in the middle of Andy’s Backyard. Look for Andy’s footprints throughout the land, or see how many beloved toys you can spot like oversized Crayons, Cooties, Green Army Men and Tinker Toys.
2. Little ones will love everything about Alien Swirling Saucers with its swirls, flashing lights, out-of-this-world tunes, and little green aliens. It’s going to be a big draw for youngsters 32 inches or taller.
3. When it’s time to refuel, there are lots of yummy treats at Woody’s Lunch Box. Be sure to try the Raspberry or Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tarts, the S’more French Toast Sandwich or the Banana Split Yogurt Parfait.
4. A larger-than-life Woody welcomes guests into Toy Story Land, so capture lots of photos. Sometimes the simple things that are super cool for little ones go unnoticed by adults. And don’t miss the larger-than-life characters of Buzz, Rex, and Jessie also inside the land.
5. Check out the new carnival box entrance to Toy Story Mania for a rootin’ tootin’ good time for the whole family. Here you can don 3-D glasses, man a spring-action shooter and compete in a bunch of fun-filled midway-carnival games.
6. Look for favorite characters from the Disney•Pixar “Toy Story” films, including Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl.
7. Make it your mission to find the Green Army Drum Corps, who march through the land several times a day, and the Green Army Patrol who will play “Sarge Says” and other interactive games.
There’s lots more fun in store at Toy Story Land for families with little ones. So beginning June 30, be sure to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios.